How to get out of unit bishopric into LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
tmalone

How to get out of unit bishopric into LUWS

Post by tmalone »

All members of the Bishopric of our local stake singles ward including myself, the ward clerk, are from out of the unit. We are in MLS as out-of-unit members but the LUWS will not recognize us to put us into the leadership area. Is there a workaround or a suggested solution?
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

tmalone wrote:All members of the Bishopric of our local stake singles ward including myself, the ward clerk, are from out of the unit. We are in MLS as out-of-unit members but the LUWS will not recognize us to put us into the leadership area. Is there a workaround or a suggested solution?
As a BYU singles ward web admin, I had to approach the stake web admins to add the out-of-unit bishopric (and optionally high council rep) as out-of-unit members on the stake web admin pages. Unfortunately, LUWS doesn't sync on much of what is entered in MLS right now.
tmalone

How to add out-of-unit Bishopric

Post by tmalone »

Thanks. That was the right solution. The Stake admin had to add the out-of-unit Bishopric and then I could add them / us to the ward leadership pages.
Jeremy-p40

Post by Jeremy-p40 »

kgthunder wrote:As a BYU singles ward web admin, I had to approach the stake web admins to add the out-of-unit bishopric (and optionally high council rep) as out-of-unit members on the stake web admin pages. Unfortunately, LUWS doesn't sync on much of what is entered in MLS right now.
Just make sure the stake website administrator knows that on MLS it's Out of Unit Member, but on the website it's Non-resident Member. We had some confusion in our stake over the different titles. And to add a non-resident member to the website, it has to be done on the Stake Administrator Options page.

And to avoid confusion, make sure the non-resident member knows that when he first signs in to the site, he will default to the site of the unit for which he is a non-resident member. To access his home ward web site, he must then click on Stake and Ward Web sites and enter his home ward name. So non-resident members have access to both sites - they just need to be made aware of how to do so.
:D Happy to serve

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”