capacity of building

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
farwest

capacity of building

Post by farwest »

How do you find the seating capacity of your building?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:How do you find the seating capacity of your building?
I'm not sure why you are asking for that, or just what that means (the chapel, the chapel plus overflow, all rooms, etc.) but I would have two suggestions:
  • Ask the FM group (through your stake PFR)
  • Look at historical attendance figures for meetings at full capacity (e.g., a stake center during stake conference)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

farwest wrote:How do you find the seating capacity of your building?
I agree with aebrown, the reason for your request would be helpful. For example, a room capacity as defined by a fire marshall can be different from actual seating capacity. The one is how many people you safely and legally have in the room. The other is how many people there are places to rest their seat.

When determining room capacity the number of seats in the room is not the only consideration. Other considerations include the number and location of egresses (e.g. how quickly people can vacate during an emergency).

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nbflint wrote:The one is how many people you safely and legally have in the room.

For that, there should be a small sign somewhere in the building. I usually see it in the largest room.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Most likely this is part of the Stake President growth planning, we reviewed this recently in a presidency meeting, so I'm guessing that's the reason. If you can find the floorplans for your building, it also has the number available.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

RussellHltn wrote:For that, there should be a small sign somewhere in the building. I usually see it in the largest room.
Occupancy capacity sign requirements vary from state to state and may or may not be present. Like others, I would be interested in knowing the original poster's need for such a number.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farwest

realignment

Post by farwest »

Mikerowaved wrote:Occupancy capacity sign requirements vary from state to state and may or may not be present. Like others, I would be interested in knowing the original poster's need for such a number.

question asked in realignment paperwork
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The Boundary Application... that is the other place it is asked for. FM should be able to provide - PFR can contact them for those numbers. If you happen to have other realignment applications (done in the past) you might check there to see if they have those numbers. That is how I have obtained those numbers in the past...
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Mikerowaved wrote:Occupancy capacity sign requirements vary from state to state and may or may not be present. Like others, I would be interested in knowing the original poster's need for such a number.

Correct. We didn't have them until our recent remodel. They were required as part of that project. We now have a Max Cap sign posted in the larger rooms (Gym, Chapel, Primary Room, R.S. Room ...)

Return to “General Discussions”