Unable to Export Membership Data

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jeffsnoy

Unable to Export Membership Data

Post by jeffsnoy »

I am trying to export membership data to a CSV file. I get the message "failed to export membership data" from MLS. I am running MLS version 3.42 in windows 7. I just reinstalled MLS 3.42 but that did not help. I have admin rights in MLS. Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution. Thank you.
Jeff
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

I forgot to mention that it creates a file called "membership" but the file has only 50 names.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you saving the file? Win7 can get into a snit about files being saved to any directory reserved for programs such as C:\Program Files

Otherwise, it sounds like you may have corrupt data. What you can try to do is do a MLS backup, move the Units folder to somewhere else, and then fire up MLS and do a restore. (note this will affect all units that share your MLS.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

Thanks for your reply. It was corrupt data. Not a windows 7 issue.

Return to “Membership Help”