MLS will not load

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
scottnboyle

MLS will not load

Post by scottnboyle »

MLS has been working fine as recently as last week, but today, the MLS picture shows up on the screen for about one second and then the program does not load. I restarted the computer and tried again - still not loading. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to find out if anything has happened. You could try MLS installation and repair.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rodrigues.lds

System Restore

Post by rodrigues.lds »

You could also try to restore the system by using System Retore tool inside Windows. (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Choose a restore point and keep going.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

Or try starting MLS from the command line. Messages during startup will go to the shell and you can paste them here if they do not give you any good ideas. There's also an mlslog.txt file in your instance's data directory (search for it if nothing else):

cd \
dir /s mlslog.txt

The contents may give some clue as to what the problem is.

AB
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

Also if Java updated itself recently that could cause problems. I wish MLS just had a private JRE instead.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rbeede wrote:I wish MLS just had a private JRE instead.

Unless it's changed, I believe it does.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Unless it's changed, I believe it does.
For Windows XP the system JRE is located in C:\Program Files\Java\jre6. The MLS JRE is located in C:\Program Files\jre6.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”