Non member with number?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
zaneclark

Non member with number?

Post by zaneclark »

I just found a man listed as non member but with a member number....is this possible?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I just found a man listed as non member but with a member number....is this possible?
Yes, nonmembers can have one of two kinds of membership record numbers:
  • A temporary record number (this will have the unit number as the first part of the number, with four digits at the end which uniquely identify the person)
  • An administrative record number (this will look exactly like any other record number). These numbers are typically given out for nonmembers who are linked to members (e.g., the parents, or spouse, or children of a member).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thank you aebrown, you came through as usual... I tried to find my own answer in the clerk wiki, but although it gave detailed info on how to add a non member, I could not find anything about the issuance of numbers....

Return to “Membership Help”