Deleting a Calendar Never Finishes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
manielsen2002

Deleting a Calendar Never Finishes

Post by manielsen2002 »

I have a particular calendar that I need to delete from the Stake. Initially the calendar had a handful of events on it. I didn't need those events any longer so I accepted the warning message and attempted to let the calendard delete. After some time, 10-15 minutes the calendar delete progress was still spinning. So I decided to manually delete all the events from the calendar and try again. This time no warning message since there was nothing on the calendar but the delete never finished.

I have deleted other blank calendars without a problem but for some reason this one won't delete. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that there may be subscribers or other issues. Anyone have a solution? Is this a bug that needs to be fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

manielsen2002 wrote: have deleted other blank calendars without a problem but for some reason this one won't delete. Not sure if it has to do with the fact that there may be subscribers or other issues. Anyone have a solution? Is this a bug that needs to be fixed?

The problem you're having is not related to having subscribers -- I have deleted several calendars over the last year or so that had subscribers.

Clearly there is some sort of bug at work here; it appears that your unit's data is corrupted somehow, or there is some other bug that is exposed by your particular data. I'd guess you will need help from Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”