Membership Record Removal Procedure for Member by Birth to Member Only???

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bradweech

Membership Record Removal Procedure for Member by Birth to Member Only???

Post by bradweech »

Where in the handbook is the procedure for removal of membership records for those who have been carried on therecords of the church only because they were children of members, but theythemselves were never baptized and are now over 18 and have no interest in thechurch?
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

bradweech wrote:Where in the handbook is the procedure for removal of membership records for those who have been carried on the records of the church only because they were children of members, but they themselves were never baptized and are now over 18 and have no interest in thechurch?
If the bishop has received written permission from the stake president to cancel the membership record, MLS will permit it (as long as the age is over 18). See Handbook 1, 13.6.2.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

If they are over 21, I would call the membership department. If they haven't been baptized, I think they get removed automatically.
greggo

Post by greggo »

TinMan wrote:If they are over 21, I would call the membership department. If they haven't been baptized, I think they get removed automatically.
I know from current status of our records that this is not the case. All indications are that they'll remain unless local leaders cancel their membership.

Return to “Membership Help”