Ward Split - aftermath problems - Leadership & Clerk Tools Online

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
briankorale

Ward Split - aftermath problems - Leadership & Clerk Tools Online

Post by briankorale »

Our ward was recently created in a ward split. The Pheasant Valley Ward in the Springville, Utah Dry Creek Stake is the name of the new ward. It was created 8 Jan 2012. We are still having trouble accessing online "Clerk Tools" and online "Leadership Tools." I also just noticed that under the "Local Unit Directory" online that under "Ward Leaders" and then "Bishopric," only the Bishop is showing. And under "Branch Presidency" the 1st Counselor, 2nd Counselor, Clerk and Executive Secretary are showing. We are not a branch, we are a ward. How do I correct these problems. I am the ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would call Local Unit Support to resolve the "Branch" issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I believe that the problem is that the callings were entered in before MLS had downloaded all the calling definitions. One thing you can try is to remove the counselors, executive secretary and clerk. Do a send/receive, then enter them back in and do another send/receive. If you watch CDOL in between, hopefully you will see the branch presidency go away and then after the second send/receive (if everything works right) you will see unpublished changes in the upper right corner of the wards main page. That means the other changes are there in the correct positions waiting for 'approval'.
briankorale

Post by briankorale »

What is the phone # for local unit support. I tried the solution suggested by JonesRK and waited overnight and It got rid of "Branch Presidency" but only the Bishop is showing under "Bishopric" still. I bet this is why the rest of the Bishopric still cannot access "Leadership Tools" or "Clerk Tools."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

briankorale wrote:What is the phone # for local unit support.

Contact options are on the wiki at Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

They are there. They are just waiting for 'approval' as I describe above. After that is complete then you will see them and that will start the process for getting access to the other tools.
briankorale

Post by briankorale »

Is it the Stake Clerk who must "approve" them? I ask because our Stake Clerk is brand new- he started assuming duties yesterday.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

No it is someone at church headquarters.

Return to “Membership Help”