moving building locations?

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
dwsmith2

moving building locations?

Post by dwsmith2 »

I wonder if making available the option to recommend new building locations is a good idea. I can understand why moving members' household locations is needed (the members move around), but the buildings stay in one place. Do we need an option for normal people (like me) to recommend new locations? Maybe restricting this to a stake clerk or equivalent position might be better.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dwsmith2 wrote:I wonder if making available the option to recommend new building locations is a good idea. I can understand why moving members' household locations is needed (the members move around), but the buildings stay in one place. Do we need an option for normal people (like me) to recommend new locations? Maybe restricting this to a stake clerk or equivalent position might be better.
I personally think it's a helpful feature and see no reason for a restriction. After all, no one can "move" a building -- all you can do is submit feedback that the Church data about where a building is located may be wrong and suggest a better location. I'm sure the data is getting better over time, but some building locations have definitely been incorrect. If I happen to be traveling and try to find a meetinghouse, but have problems because the location information is incorrect, I can provide meaningful assistance by reporting what I found out while I was actually on location.

I'm sure such suggestions are verified by the local FM group or some other local responsible person before any change would be implemented, anyway.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Beta Maps”