Household location verification

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
djamison

Household location verification

Post by djamison »

I tried to verify my household's location following these steps (my best guess for how to verify):

1) Click on my household in the map
2) Click on "Edit" from the context menu
3) Select "Exact Location" from the dropdown and click Submit

My location remained unverified.

Using maps 2.0, in addition to the "Edit" and "Move" options on the context menu, I was able to verify my location using a "Verify" option. What's the procedure for verifying a location in 3.0?

tl;dr The "Verify" option seems to be missing from the household context menu.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is not the change from version 2 to version 3 that is the issue. Since you already "member" verified your household location before you cannot do it again after it has been confirmed or verified by a unit leader (bishop, counselors, clerks). That may be the reason the verify option is no longer available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
djamison

Post by djamison »

To be clear, I tried version 3 before version 2. That is, while in an unverified state, I attempted to verify my address in version 3. Finding that I couldn't, I proceeded to try to verify my address in version 2 - which succeeded.
gledy

Post by gledy »

Different Browsers do different things. I tested the following. I may post more later.

PROBLEM: Mac OS 10.7.2 / Chrome 16 --

The dialog box that pops up after clicking "Move" is small and only the top part can be seen. The bottom section that shows the "New location" and options for "Approximate location" and Exact location to not show up. The dialog box can not be resized or scrolled down to find the other details/options.

WORKED: These were tested and worked --- ... the Dialog box is proper sized to show everything.
- Windows XP / Firefox and Chrome
- Mac OS 10.7.2 / Safari (Same laptop as used above with Chrome (that had dialog box issues))

Return to “Beta Maps”