Meetinghouse Wireless Password Change

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
trevor.thomson

Meetinghouse Wireless Password Change

Post by trevor.thomson »

Hello,

I have been asked to have the wirless password changed in our stake. Can someone let me know what the process is for this?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Call the Global Service Center. I've been told it's possible, but a major uphill battle to try and change it from "the standard".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Be polite, but insistent. Explaining the reason for the change i.e. Old equipment - limited licences - Users who don't have a legitimate reason for access etc.. Should help!
bradhokanson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bradhokanson »

If its an 881w, GSC can't change it. All the access points (1041's and the internal 881w's access point) are administered at CHQ.
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

bradhokanson wrote:If its an 881w, GSC can't change it. All the access points... are administered at CHQ.

Umm... I don't understand what you mean. The GSC is our interface to Church Headquarters and they do manage the configs for the routers and APs.
bradhokanson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bradhokanson »

sammythesm wrote:Umm... I don't understand what you mean. The GSC is our interface to Church Headquarters and they do manage the configs for the routers and APs.
GSC is your point of contact to CHQ but GSC cant change any configs on the 881ws or the 1041 access points connected to them. They can certainly assist with activation but the configurations are set once activated except for a very few things which they call Field and Campus Network Ops for help with.
trevor.thomson

Post by trevor.thomson »

Thanks everyone I will contact GSC

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”