Membership # Question

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kentjohnson4

Membership # Question

Post by kentjohnson4 »

Is there a way for a ward member to figure out their membership # without getting the printout from MLS?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kentjohnson4 wrote:Is there a way for a ward member to figure out their membership # without getting the printout from MLS?
They can look on their temple recommend. Other than that I don't think so.

But they should get a copy of their IOS at least each year, usually at Tithing settlement. I know that doesn't mean they know where it is :).
kentjohnson4

Post by kentjohnson4 »

JonesRK wrote:They can look on their temple recommend. Other than that I don't think so.

But they should get a copy of their IOS at least each year, usually at Tithing settlement. I know that doesn't mean they know where it is :).
That's what I figured. They don't have a temple recommend and I'm not able to run over to the church to find it.

Thanks!
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

kentjohnson4 wrote:That's what I figured. They don't have a temple recommend and I'm not able to run over to the church to find it.

Thanks!

If you are a bishopric member you can obtain their membership number from their IOS or membership record on lds.org. It's under Tools>Leader Resources.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

kentjohnson4 wrote:That's what I figured. They don't have a temple recommend and I'm not able to run over to the church to find it.

Thanks!

If you are a clerk (except financial clerk) or bishopric member you can get it online at http://lds.org/leader. Use the Member Lookup box in the upper right part of the screen to view their membership information.

Return to “Membership Help”