Want a Setup Time or Cleanup time but not the other behavior

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
geckoses

Want a Setup Time or Cleanup time but not the other behavior

Post by geckoses »

Noticed that if you select the box to have Setup Time and Cleanup time that there is no option for 0 min and so you have to have both. We have some meetings where we have 2 meetings back to back, we need setup time and cleanup time but only setup for the first and only cleanup for the second meeting, but the calendar limitation of not allowing for 0 makes it to where we can't use the feature at all without having the meetings show the wrong times. Why can't a 0min time be allowed?:confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

geckoses wrote:Noticed that if you select the box to have Setup Time and Cleanup time that there is no option for 0 min and so you have to have both. We have some meetings where we have 2 meetings back to back, we need setup time and cleanup time but only setup for the first and only cleanup for the second meeting, but the calendar limitation of not allowing for 0 makes it to where we can't use the feature at all without having the meetings show the wrong times. Why can't a 0min time be allowed?:confused:
That's a good point. It would indeed be useful to allow a 0 minute setup or cleanup time. I'm guessing that the developers assumed that if you have to set up you have to clean up, but that's not always true.

In the meantime, though, you have some options for workarounds:
  • You can make the first meeting 30 minutes shorter. Then you can have 15 minutes cleanup after it, and 15 minutes before the next meeting, while still having the next meeting start on time (although the dropdowns for Start and End times go in 30 minute intervals, you can type in smaller numbers).
  • You can make the first meeting 15 minutes shorter. Then you can have 15 minutes cleanup after it, and the next meeting can start on time. For the next meeting, specify no setup/cleanup time, but make the meeting time a long as is needed to include the needed cleanup time (few people will complain if the meeting ends early).
  • You can create the meetings with their exact times, and create extra setup and cleanup events on a less visible calendar so that the room will be reserved, but the events will be at the right times. That's how we had to do it before V2 anyway.
These workarounds are a little awkward, but workable.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I would like to 2nd the request for a 0 min option. We had the problem today where they could not book the event with setup time as it required cleanup time, but we have a block in place beginning at the end of the meeting. It seems easy enough to add a 0 min option -- how do we get this to happen?

Personally I'd like to see a few more options, such as 90 mins and 3 hours. Or maybe even more flexibility.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
mnmpeterson

Setup/Cleanup Wish

Post by mnmpeterson »

I wish there was an option of zero minutes for setup and cleanup. I'm scheduling several basketball games that start right after the other finishes. It would be nice to be able to give a setup time for the first game but no cleanup time. Right now you have to include a cleanup time if you select a setup time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mnmpeterson wrote:I wish there was an option of zero minutes for setup and cleanup. I'm scheduling several basketball games that start right after the other finishes. It would be nice to be able to give a setup time for the first game but no cleanup time. Right now you have to include a cleanup time if you select a setup time.
I moved this post into an existing thread on the exact same topic. As you can see, you're not the only one with this request.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

Another request for setup/cleanup is to allow for more that four hours. We often have events where they want to set up the cultural hall the night before the event. But the maximum setup time is four hours. It would be nice to be able to give up to 24 hours of setup time.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Such a long setup time, to me, would be another event in itself.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

mnmpeterson wrote:I wish there was an option of zero minutes for setup and cleanup.

I noted this as a fairly easy change the first time I saw this thread. I just have a hard time keeping one thought in my head for longer than 30 seconds, so it hasn't made it in yet. This time when I saw it, I just went ahead and put it in the code, so it will be in the next release we put out - assuming it makes it past testing. :D
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

jdlessley wrote:Such a long setup time, to me, would be another event in itself.

I agree. We currently have "Prep for EVENT" (where EVENT is the name of the event that is being setup for) as an item and that works very well in our stake.

Aaron Z
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Such a long setup time, to me, would be another event in itself.

Indeed. And you may want it as a separate "event" placed on the appropriate calendar to invite the various helpers to come out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”