Calendar program

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
z34653

Calendar program

Post by z34653 »

Just spent a few hours creating our Ward calendar online. This program is still buggy. Not sure how many of them you already know about, but I had several problems - Dates disappearing when going to the detail screen, titles chopping off, end date field not appearing, not saving properly.

It also seems to be very slow in saving, changing screens, etc. But I don't have the fastest connect speed, either.

I love that we can do this online. Hopefully you can get these issues fixed. Thx!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

z34653 wrote:Just spent a few hours creating our Ward calendar online. This program is still buggy. Not sure how many of them you already know about, but I had several problems - Dates disappearing when going to the detail screen, titles chopping off, end date field not appearing, not saving properly.
[Moderator note: I moved this thread from the Feedback forum to the Calendar forum.]

Although some problems have been reported, nothing you reported is specific enough or similar enough to anything already reported that anyone could take action on your report. If you'd like to provide more details (specific steps, screen shots, etc.), I'm sure some other community volunteers on this forum would be happy to see if they can duplicate the problem; then the developers would be able to look into it.
z34653 wrote:It also seems to be very slow in saving, changing screens, etc. But I don't have the fastest connect speed, either.
The calendar application does send a lot of data and uses extensive scripting, which can be a bit slow with slow connections and/or computers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I've seen some of these behaviors. Here's a screen shot with the event date missing.
Event date missing.JPG
Event date missing.JPG (23.29 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Here's a shot with the box for the end date missing.
End date missing.JPG
End date missing.JPG (24.53 KiB) Viewed 604 times
I've discovered that if I toggle Repeats until . . . "a specific date" to "a specific number of occurrences" and back, the box to enter the date then shows up. I have also experienced a number of instances where I entered an event name and calendar in the initial dialog box, then after going to the details dialog the event name is gone and the selected calendar is different--but I can't really prove that without creating a video clip. :-)

I haven't kept count of these issues but would guess that they happen between 10% and 20% of the time. I'm not sure what "titles chopping off" means, but as far as "not saving properly" goes, my experience with creating repeating events has been dismal. If I try to create the repeat on the first try, it seems to work, but nothing appears on the calendar; that has happened a number of times. I finally resorted to creating a single event, then editing it to be a repeating event, which works fine.

Return to “Calendar”