I am a ward executive secretary and i can not log in..

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

dennis_sang

I am a ward executive secretary and i can not log in..

Post by dennis_sang »

Hello, i am trying to log in the pvc site, but when I write my user and password it display a message : "invalid name or password". my username and password are right.
my status in the website is the right as a ward executive secretary.
I check caplocks, etc.
Thanks for your help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you log into cdol.lds.org? It's possible that your calling has been recorded as a custom position and not a standard calling. Only standard callings receive the rights afforded to that calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Also the LDS Account password for the PVC may be case sensitive. When registering an LDS Account the password can include upper case letters. However, not all sites using LDS Account credentials require case sensitive entry of the password. Some users get used to inputting lower case letters for those sites and then forget their password actually may include upper case letters.

I am not a PVC authorized user and therefore cannot verify this for PVC LDS Account credentialing.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dennis_sang

Post by dennis_sang »

RussellHltn wrote:Can you log into cdol.lds.org? It's possible that your calling has been recorded as a custom position and not a standard calling. Only standard callings receive the rights afforded to that calling.

Thanks for your awnser and yes I can log into cdol.lds.org perfectly, my lds account username has an underscore ("_") do you think that can be a problem to log in ?
dennis_sang

Post by dennis_sang »

Thanks for helping me, I am using lower case, I don't think that is my problem, but its a very good tip.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dennis_sang wrote:Thanks for your awnser and yes I can log into cdol.lds.org perfectly, my lds account username has an underscore ("_") do you think that can be a problem to log in ?

I assume you did verify that your calling has been correctly entered, since only the Bishop and Executive Secretary can set up PVC.

I wouldn't expect the underscore to create a problem, but you never know.

Where are you located? I'm not sure if it's been made available world-wide. The instructions also note that "At this time, Utah-based stake and ward leaders are not automatically authorized for PVC accounts."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

RussellHltn wrote:I assume you did verify that your calling has been correctly entered, since only the Bishop and Executive Secretary can set up PVC.

I wouldn't expect the underscore to create a problem, but you never know.

Where are you located? I'm not sure if it's been made available world-wide. The instructions also note that "At this time, Utah-based stake and ward leaders are not automatically authorized for PVC accounts."

You can't just log in at pvc.lds.org. You must first click on "Request an Account." After you've gone through the sign-up process successfully, you'll then be able to log in. If you are Utah-based, you won't be automatically authorized.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
dennis_sang

Post by dennis_sang »

ksolsen wrote:You can't just log in at pvc.lds.org. You must first click on "Request an Account." After you've gone through the sign-up process successfully, you'll then be able to log in. If you are Utah-based, you won't be automatically authorized.

I am in Honduras, Central America.
when I tried to Request an account with my credentials it show me this message error:
Server Error in '/' Application.

The LDAP server is unavailable.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.] System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout) +87739 System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request) +17 Lds.Stack.Security.LdsAccountProvider.FindLdsAccountUsers(LdsAccountSearchParameters parameters) +129 Lds.Stack.Security.LdsAccountProvider.Authenticate(String userName, String password) +180 Lds.Stack.Security.LdsAccountMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +19 Lds.Pvc.Web.Models.AccountMembershipService.ValidateUser(String userName, String password) in f:\Builds\25\PersonalVideoConferencing\PVC Daily Build\Sources\PersonalVideoConferencing\Trunk\Src\Pvc.Web\Models\AccountModels.cs:131 Lds.Pvc.Web.Controllers.AccountController.LogOn(LogOnModel model, String returnUrl) in f:\Builds\25\PersonalVideoConferencing\PVC Daily Build\Sources\PersonalVideoConferencing\Trunk\Src\Pvc.Web\Controllers\AccountController.cs:94 lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +157 System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17 System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +188 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__a() +56 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassf.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__c() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +190 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +42 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() +34 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +30 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8963149 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
SparkyMartin

Post by SparkyMartin »

Could you please try again? We had to bounce the services on the server machine and you should no longer see the LDAP error.

-Dave Martin
dennis_sang

Post by dennis_sang »

SparkyMartin wrote:Could you please try again? We had to bounce the services on the server machine and you should no longer see the LDAP error.

-Dave Martin
Thanks Dave Problem Solved !

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”