Ward Quarterly Report (WQR)

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Ward Quarterly Report (WQR)

Post by kalnius »

I have a question about the WQR:

Is all of the data used at church headquarters, or are some data points more relevant than others when reviewing a ward's report?

I know, for example, that sacrament attendance is used to determine ward and stake budget allowances. Are any of the other indicators on the WQR used in a similar manner?

Thanks.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Actually "attendance" as a category is used to calculate the budget. You can see the details in the wiki.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Is the data used at CHQ for other purposes? For example, complied data from a stake reviewed by area authorities for discussion points with stake presedents, etc. Just curious.
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bhead wrote:Is the data used at CHQ for other purposes? For example, complied data from a stake reviewed by area authorities for discussion points with stake presedents, etc. Just curious.
That data is definitely used for other purposes. For one example, the Area Authority who presides over our local Coordinating Council has asked the stake presidents to set goals in certain areas. To give the stake presidents some structure for these goals, he compiled a report that includes several pieces of data from the Q3 2011 quarterly report for each stake.

Also, when our stake conference includes a visiting general authority, it has often been the case that he came prepared with details from our recent quarterly reports. I imagine there are many other purposes for this data, some of a general statistical nature, and some more targeted and specific.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Certainly all the data is sent to the stake where the Stake President may review it. I would imagine that unusual numbers would attract the attention and create comment from Area Leaders in their meetings with the stake presidency. But I have no idea if the numbers are used for anything else.

I've always been of the opinion that the report was as much for the edification of the quorum leaders as it was to provide numbers for "upper management". For example, in the process of counting the number of Elders who didn't attend any PH meeting, it would be hard not to note a new name added to the list of "usuals". Such a thing should trigger some initiative by the quorum leader. If the numbers were never compiled, they would have easily slipped though the cracks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”