Strange message about Finances; Unable to use finances

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
trs790

Strange message about Finances; Unable to use finances

Post by trs790 »

Hey all,

I am the ward clerk for a brand new ward that was just created. When I click on "enter donations" in MLS, I get a popup window with the following message:

"the MLS finance functionality is temporarily unavailable while Church headquarters switches your unit to the new finance system.

you will be notified when the finance system is again available"

Has anyone else ever gotten this message and did it resolve itself? Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "just created" as in this Sunday will be your first Sunday to use MLS? I'm thinking that the setup of your ward may not be complete. It's too late to do anything about it now. If it doesn't resolve itself by Monday, you can call Local Unit Support to see if there's a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I agree with russellHltn. It sounds like you got ahead of headquarters. It takes a while for a new unit to be set up in all the systems and it would appear they have not set you up in the financial system yet. Out of curiosity, have you received your new deposit slips and endorsement stamp yet?
trs790

Post by trs790 »

Thanks everyone for the help, yeah that Sunday was the first Sunday using MLS. I called headquarters and they had to queue a "unlock" file. After I did a send and receive it unlocked finances. Oddly enough I had already received deposit slips and the stamp, but headquarters hadn't unlocked MLS yet.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

They can not unlock the MLS until the computer is running MLS and the STS has contacted them and asked for the activation (unlock). I have that done when I install MLS or a new computer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KenRichins wrote:They can not unlock the MLS until the computer is running MLS and the STS has contacted them and asked for the activation (unlock). I have that done when I install MLS or a new computer.

I think that's something different. What you describe sound like the security feature that comes into play if you have to do a massive rebuild or move computers and it affects the communication. I'd expect security it to already be "reset" for a brand-new unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”