Standardized Email addresses for church UNITS and Callings

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
wilsondave

Standardized Email addresses for church UNITS and Callings

Post by wilsondave »

Is the church working on a standardized email address that would be related to a Unit / Calling rather than an individual? That way I could email the Bishop of a ward or the RS or EQ president of a ward as long as I knew the unit #

EG... Bishop.(unit#)@lds.org or EQP.(unit#)@lds.org or RSP.(unit#)@lds.org
StkPr.(stake#)@lds.org or StkPr1(stake#)@lds.org (for 1st C) SRSP would be Stake RS Presiden...... you get the idea

Then the template for callings could be posted in MLS and online. It would make things very easy to communicate within the ward / stake / or anywhere.

When a person is called to a new position... they would change the password and carry on.... no one else would have to be aware of who or the name of the person holding the calling...

Dave Wilson
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wilsondave wrote:Is the church working on a standardized email address that would be related to a Unit / Calling rather than an individual? That way I could email the Bishop of a ward or the RS or EQ president of a ward as long as I knew the unit #
This system is in place for stake presidents and missions right now and has been for some time. I do not know if there are plans to implement it below that level at this time.
wilsondave

Post by wilsondave »

Yes I am aware of the existing system....I am hoping that something similar to my suggestion will be set up.... the advantage would be that the person holding the calling does not have his or her name in the email address so we do not have to change the address when a change is made in that position...and we don't have to know WHO is holding the calling.... we normally just need go contact the person with the responsibility of the calling at that time. Who looks at these ideas and forwards them to the church tech people??
lajackson wrote:This system is in place for stake presidents and missions right now and has been for some time. I do not know if there are plans to implement it below that level at this time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Best way to reach them is to use the "Feedback" link on the main lds.org site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MerrillDL

Post by MerrillDL »

I believe there is no agenda to create a mechanism such as is described above, to email a bishop, EQ or RS President based on Unit #.

First, not everyone has access to or can lookup unit numbers. The LDS Maps application currently in place allows ANYONE to lookup a ward and find leader contact information. There is really no justification to contact an EQ or RS President of a ward outside your stake. Any communications regarding an individual, church property, or policy, should be filtered through the Stake President or Bishop first. They are the stewards for their members and contact from people outside the stake regarding a Church issue should go through them first.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”