Email Notifications

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
geekiemommie

Email Notifications

Post by geekiemommie »

Here is an event I setup on the calendar, and an email notification that was sent. I've bolded things that I think needing fixing.

The following calendar event is scheduled.

Event name: FAST SUNDAY

Event date: Jan 8, 2012
Event time: 8:00 AM
Location details: Thomas
Resources scheduled: null (I had the Chapel selected)
Calendar name: Ward Activities

Optional Notification

You received this e-mail because you signed up for update notifications from your ward or stake calendar. To change your e-mail address, log in to the directory (http://lds.org/directory), click My Family(should be My Household), and then click Edit Profile. Update the e-mail address next to your name. (Youth may need their parents or ward clerks to log into the directory to edit their profiles.) To unsubscribe from calendar notifications, log in to the calendar (http://lds.org/church-calendar) and go to Options (should be Settings)> Select Subscriptions. Update your notification options for each calendar.
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

I got a complaint yesterday from a member who this is happening to as well. I'm going to submit a "feedback" bug, but thought I'd post it here as well.

The issue with the email is the location is coming through as "null"
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I fixed the items you bolded in the footer of the email. The changes will be available in the next release.

I'm still looking into how the null is getting there for resources.
Swift

Post by Swift »

jdcr256,

Thanks for looking into this. It probably isn't helpful, but I wanted to chime in that we have the same problem in our ward, and specifically we will see each resource within a location that is scheduled as null, so if we schedule the Cultural Hall, the Kitchen and the RS room, then the email shows "null, null, null" as the resource scheduled.

Just looks like a problem with the where clause not matching the correct ward building when the email is sent. Perhaps it uses a session variable to get the current building and it doesn't exist when the emailer code is run? I have no idea of course, but if that happened in my code that would be my primary target.

Swift

Here's an example from our ward:

The following calendar event is scheduled.

Event name: A1 Pri Activity Day
Event description: Activity Day for Primary Girls ages 8 - 11.

Event date: Apr 4, 2012
Event time: 7:00 PM
Location details: California
Resources scheduled: null, null
Calendar name: Primary
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Swift wrote:we will see each resource within a location that is scheduled as null, so if we schedule the Cultural Hall, the Kitchen and the RS room, then the email shows "null, null, null" as the resource scheduled.

I've tested this issue and reconfirmed it. It has been logged as a bug and added to the list of issues to resolve for and upcoming release.

Return to “Calendar”