MLS directory not synchronizing with Stake LDS.org directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
colbyj

MLS directory not synchronizing with Stake LDS.org directory

Post by colbyj »

I have all 12 high councilors listed in MLS correctly, I've done several send/receives over the past week or so, yet I'm still only seeing eight high councilors listed in our stake directory on lds.org.

Am I missing something?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

No, I have not...but why do all my other stake positions synch up with MLS, except for the High council?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

colbyj wrote:No, I have not...but why do all my other stake positions synch up with MLS, except for the High council?
Good question. We do know there is nothing you are doing wrong. Those who are working the issue most likely are not going to post here in the forums. And once it is corrected and we do not need to use the fix described in Correcting duplicate or missing callings then the issue will be moot.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

colbyj wrote:No, I have not...but why do all my other stake positions synch up with MLS, except for the High council?

It happens. We don't know why. (If someone knows, the haven't shared that information with us.) It's some kind of bug that is still being tracked down.

For the time being, the important thing is to fix the missing callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

the steps outlined in the "correcting duplicate or missing callings" you referenced above refers to MLS 3.3. We are now operating on MLS 3.4.2. I'm not seeing where I can do the "request unit refresh data..." step outlined in that reference. Essentially, the post you refered me to does not seem applicable to my question....but perhaps I'm just not knowing where to request the unit refresh data in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:the steps outlined in the "correcting duplicate or missing callings" you referenced above refers to MLS 3.3. We are now operating on MLS 3.4.2. I'm not seeing where I can do the "request unit refresh data..." step outlined in that reference. Essentially, the post you refered me to does not seem applicable to my question....but perhaps I'm just not knowing where to request the unit refresh data in MLS.
The steps are indeed still applicable. I have fixed the wiki article to no longer refer only to MLS 3.3, and to clarify that the Request Unit Refresh Data feature is on the File menu. Note also that you have to have MLS Administrator permissions in order to use this feature.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”