Minor Leader app upgrade, feedback wanted!

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Minor Leader app upgrade, feedback wanted!

Post by jdcr256 »

We've just deployed a new version of the Leader Resources app (https://lds.org/leader). This is a minor upgrade from a functionality standpoint (only minor revisions in the UI for the Focus List), but a major upgrade for the code. We've moved to a newer version of our standard architecture in preparation for adding new features. Because of this, we are looking for any feedback on how it's working for you. We will try to fix any issues you report as quickly as we can.

It's important to understand what is included in the Leader Resources application, as there are several applications that run together and use the same layout/menu system. If a page url starts with lds.org/leader, then it is included in the Leader application. Pages starting with different application context roots (e.g. lds.org/mls, or lds.org/messaging), are not part of this same application.

Basically, the application only includes the landing page (with the picture of Christ at the top, and the Calendar, Church Handbook, and CDOL widgets down the right hand side), the Focus List, and the Interviews list (where you can set interview dates for those on the Action and Interview List). So, if you notice a problem with one of those three pages that wasn't there before, please let us know either in this thread, or here in this same forum. Also, if everything is working well for you, we are interested in that feedback as well.

Thanks for your help and feedback.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

The pieces you mentioned look good to me, though the calendar widget takes a few seconds to populate (never noticed it before). I've never seen the Focus list (I'm only a ward clerk), but the Interviews list, Handbook and CDOL widgets seemed to work just fine.

Tested on Google Chrome, Windows 7.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdcr256 wrote:Basically, the application only includes the landing page (with the picture of Christ at the top, and the Calendar, Church Handbook, and CDOL widgets down the right hand side), the Focus List, and the Interviews list (where you can set interview dates for those on the Action and Interview List).

I have not used it before, so these items may or may not be new. Firefox 9.0.1 on Windows XP SP3.

The landing page does not include a picture of Christ. It does show the Church logo, the Menu and Tools drop downs, the search bar, and the welcome information, Sign out and Languages links above the search bar. (The top display with the blue background is the same as at the regular lds.org site. There is no picture of Christ on that one, either.)

As I hover over calendar events for a certain date, and then move down the list, the extra information changes as I reach each new event. If I move up the list, however, the information does not at first seem to change. It continues to display the item from farthest down the list for quite some time. Eventually, it will change. I had to rewrite this paragraph, because I thought at first it was not changing at all.

If I go to one of the links, and then sign out at that link as I am used to doing, the leader page no longer displays properly until I refresh it, forcing me to sign in again. I suspect that is an intended feature.

I do not see the Focus List or the Interview List, but that may be calling related. I don't think I would normally see them.

The Calendar, Handbook, and CDOL links appear to work fine.

Everything else appears to be working fine.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

It is surprising to me that the Ward Clerk does not have access to the Focus List. As the Ward Clerk for my ward I maintain the list. This seems like it would be a nice tool to use.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nbflint wrote:It is surprising to me that the Ward Clerk does not have access to the Focus List. As the Ward Clerk for my ward I maintain the list. This seems like it would be a nice tool to use.

I agree. When we used such a list with my previous bishop I (as Ward Clerk) was the one who maintained it on behalf of the ward council.
marmat

Post by marmat »

Myself and others are having an issue using the Member Focus List in Leader resources section since the upgrade. I have posted this with more details in another thread. I also called LUS and they are going to submit a ticket to tier 2 support. Thank you.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”