Calendar Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jrobertfisher

Calendar Locations

Post by jrobertfisher »

Who/What needs to happen to our Stake Calendar for the locations to populate? Currently, our Stake Calendar has no locations, so when we set events, we have the location options of None, or Other, which doesn't show up on the entire Stake Calendar... which causes many conflicts.

Thanks for the help!
Rob Fisher
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrobertfisher wrote:Who/What needs to happen to our Stake Calendar for the locations to populate?

As explained in the help system under Setting up locations, a stake calendar administrator needs to set up the locations, and enable them for scheduling (by checking the This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes box). They also need to set up any specific rooms at each location that may be desired.
jrobertfisher wrote:Currently, our Stake Calendar has no locations, so when we set events, we have the location options of None, or Other, which doesn't show up on the entire Stake Calendar... which causes many conflicts.
Yes, that would be a mess. With no locations defined, there can be no conflict checking. Once the locations are set up, someone will need to go back into any existing events to specify the location (and rooms) as needed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jrobertfisher

Post by jrobertfisher »

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'll contact our Stake Exec Sec, and see if I can get him to do that. He should have the correct rights, I assume?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrobertfisher wrote:Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'll contact our Stake Exec Sec, and see if I can get him to do that. He should have the correct rights, I assume?
Yes, the stake executive secretary is a default stake calendar administrator, as explained in Calendar rights and roles.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”