EWay Sign in Error

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bgant

EWay Sign in Error

Post by bgant »

Has anyone else had a problem in access the Staples EWay account. My understanding is we are to access the same way we have in the past. I tried that today as I need to order toner for our copier machine. The error message from EWay by Corporate Express said "EWay Sign In Error. Sorry, the information we received is invalid."
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bgant wrote:Has anyone else had a problem in access the Staples EWay account. My understanding is we are to access the same way we have in the past.

Where did you hear that? Since the new store.lds.org came out, we've been told specifically to use the new way of ordering. Namely:
  1. Login to store.lds.org using your LDS Account
  2. Click on the Administrative Materials link in the bottom right corner (if you can't do this, then your calling doesn't allow you to do this and you need to check with your ward/stake clerk to fix that).
  3. Then you should see a section at the bottom of the page labeled "Office Supplies and Other Materials Available from Staples";
  4. In that section is a link for "CLICK HERE TO PLACE ORDER ONLINE"; click that link.
  5. Login to EWay using LDSxxxxxx, where xxxxxx represents your 7-digit unit number (padded with leading zeroes if necessary).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kdarbys

Post by kdarbys »

Found this thread because this is exactly what I am seeing. I followed the instructions posted by aebrown, and used LDSxxxxxxx where x is my 7 digit unit number, and I get this:

EWay Sign In error

Sorry, the information we received is invalid

How do I fix this in order to be able to get my supplies here? I'm Ward Clerk, and I've ordered other items from the main store - Sacrament cups, tithing slips, etc. I just need to be able to get in and order things like toner and paper now, and if we can do this through the Staples portion of this site, I would prefer to do that.

Thanks,
Darby
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

You will get that message when the user ID is not exactly correct as provided in the instructions or there is a staples server error. The internal Staples system is still EWay. It is just the Church access has been changed.

Our unit number is only six digits so we have to have a leading zero (0). When I only use the six digits I get the same Staples server error message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kdarbys

Post by kdarbys »

Our unit number is actually 7 digits, so as far as I know, I'm typing it correctly as far as the user id goes. Which... that's all there is LDS all upper case, followed by a 7 digit unit id. Not sure how I could be messing that up. :(
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kdarbys wrote:Our unit number is actually 7 digits, so as far as I know, I'm typing it correctly as far as the user id goes. Which... that's all there is LDS all upper case, followed by a 7 digit unit id. Not sure how I could be messing that up. :(
It could be either a staples server issue or with unit data at the Church server. I would contact LUS with this issue if you cannot find an error you are making.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kdarbys

Post by kdarbys »

LUS? I'll look around the forum, but I'm not sure what that stands for or where to get the contact info for that.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Local Unit Support. As you can see from my signature line the wiki is a good repository of a lot of helpful articles and useful information.
JD Lessley
kdarbys

Post by kdarbys »

Thank you - much appreciated. Will report back here with any findings.
kdarbys

Post by kdarbys »

Emailed support and received this - looks promising so far:

Please contact the Distribution center at 1-800-537-5971 ext 20043. They will be able to help you with that.
Thank you for your service,
Unit Support- GDM

Return to “Local Unit Finance”