How to remove a member from a Sunday School class?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bsummie

How to remove a member from a Sunday School class?

Post by bsummie »

I was going through our Sunday School class members last week and we have a 3 year old that shows as a member of 5 Sunday School classes. I tried to remove her from all of the classes but MLS won't let me unless I send her to another class. I need to go through and adjust all of the minimum age requirements of our classes will this fix the problem? Is there an easier way to just remove someone from a class other than changing the class requirements?
Thank you!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jtsummie wrote:I tried to remove her from all of the classes but MLS won't let me unless I send her to another class.

It isn't necessary to send her to another class. When you click the Remove link by the name of a member of a class, you are prompted with a dialog box that allows you to specify a new class. But it is not required that you specify a new class. Just click the Remove link, then click OK in the dialog box that appears. Then she'll be removed from the class.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jtsummie wrote:I need to go through and adjust all of the minimum age requirements of our classes will this fix the problem?
The fix for the immediate problem is as aebrown notes. It appears that the class rules for all five classes may be the same or have one age parameter the same. If this is correct then whenever a member meets those rules he/she will be added to that class. In the situation where all five classes have the same or similar rules then there will be a lot of manual editing to get members where they belong.

The wiki article Classes describes how classes are managed. Changing class rules provides information on changing the rules if this needs to be done.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”