Old Building Reservation Submissions Still Active?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rickk

Old Building Reservation Submissions Still Active?

Post by rickk »

Hello,

Our building schedulers have noticed that they are still getting submissions from the members on the old reservation system, even though it is "shut down". We have started using the new system since nothing can be scheduled on the old one in 2012, but anyone that tries to submit something under the old system can do so and they will think that it is "in progress". Is there a reason that the ability to submit events on the old website was not shut down at the same time as the ability to actually approve the events in 2012? This is causing some confusion and would be nice to get cleaned up.

Thanks,
Rick Klaus
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Several months ago, the Classic ward and stake websites were enhanced with a feature that allows a stake administrator to configure it so that any attempts to use the old "Classic" calendar will be redirected to the new Calendar. I'd highly recommend that a stake administrator in your stake makes that change. Then no one will be able to even access the old calendar, and no submissions from the old system will be possible.

See How to "Turn Off" Classic Calendar and Directory for details on how to do this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Thanks! I had missed that since we have switched over to mostly using the new website. I selected that option and it works well. The only concern is that the building scheduling link simply goes to the regular calendar with no explanation as to why. Until people understand the new system, that could be confusing. I have added a note to each of the resources saying that the old website is no longer used for calendaring. Hopefully that will keep the confusion to a minimum.

Rick

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”