Multiple building schedulers

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rickk

Multiple building schedulers

Post by rickk »

We have several people on the building schedulers list for each building in the stake. There is one main scheduler, but the clerks are also listed so they can easily see all of the reservations. The concern is that when someone tries to schedule a conflicting event or reservation, the name that comes up to call is one of the clerks and not the actual scheduler. Is there a way to control which name comes up when several are listed as schedulers? If not, how can the stake clerks see everything that is reserved/scheduled in the buildings without showing up on the "call this person" list? We sometimes need to do this when working on scheduling stake events.

Thanks,
Rick Klaus
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rickk wrote:There is one main scheduler, but the clerks are also listed so they can easily see all of the reservations.

At this time there's no way to fix the problem you're having (except removing the clerks from the building scheduler), but I'm wondering why the clerks need to see the reservations? If they try to schedule something that goes against the reservations, they won't be able to do it (unless they've been granted Building Scheduler rights, in that case, they won't get any warning).

If you're using reservations as replacements for "events", DON'T. You will likely cause double-booking and a lot of grief.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If the only reason for adding clerks as building schedulers is to permit them to "see" reservations then there is a lack of understanding that everyone, not just building schedulers, can see reservations. The procedure is to go to the calendar week view and select the location of interest in the "Locations" box. If the clerks actually need to have building scheduler rights other than just to see the reservations then that is a different situation.

I would agree that there are times when there is a need for more than on building scheduler for a location and that one of those building schedulers should be designated as the primary for contact purposes.
rickk wrote:Is there a way to control which name comes up when several are listed as schedulers?
Not currently.
rickk wrote:If not, how can the stake clerks see everything that is reserved/scheduled in the buildings without showing up on the "call this person" list?
Remove them as building schedulers. They can still see all the reservations as described HERE.

Note: The manner in which a reservation is displayed may depend on the role the viewer has. I am not sure how it appears to a member without building scheduler rights or editor rights but I suspect it would be similar if not the same. As an editor in the ward with the assigned reservation I see "Schedule Event - [location name]" as the title. If an event has been scheduled for my ward during the reservation then it appears alongside the reservation in a box raised up one line width with the time period and title of the event.

For other wards at my location with reservations I see "Blocked - Location Unavailable - [location name]". Events scheduled during the reservation for the other ward(s) appear the same as described above.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rickk

Post by rickk »

Thanks for the responses. The problem here is that our stake is being slow to adopt the "complete" new method and open things up to everyone. We currently only have the building schedulers able to add things and they are doing so with reservations - kind of like the old method, but without the online submissions. I have read about the new system and understand the vision of how scheduling should work... We just have some "old dogs" involved and the new tricks are coming along slowly. :-) One sister is still even doing things with paper and a notebook rather than use the new system. There is reluctance to just give "free reign" to the members for scheduling, but reports from others in this forum suggest that it is not as painful as feared.

Since we have not opened up the locations for scheduling, no locations are available in the week view and nothing can be seen. Thus, the only people that can actually see things are the building schedulers. We have added the clerks to be able to see what is reserved, but ran into the problem of the message about conflicts and who to contact. It is really a moot point since the members will not see that message until we actually open things up, and once we do the clerks can be removed.

Thanks again for the help.
Rick

Return to “Calendar”