Spring Mvc Part 1 Eclipse Error There are no resources that can be added or removed

Support and Announcements for the Tech Java Web Application Platform (setup, configuration, bugs, feedback).
jmaynec

Spring Mvc Part 1 Eclipse Error There are no resources that can be added or removed

Post by jmaynec »

Hi

When i create a web proyect with the stack starter when i try to add the web proyect to tomcat server on eclipse it show an alert: There are no resources that can be added or removed to server.I think that eclipse dont know that is a web proyect.
error.jpg
error.jpg (20.82 KiB) Viewed 2964 times

Help me please.

PD:sorry with my english, i think that it should be a troubleshooting or a thread to resolve problems of the training.
WheelerMM
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by WheelerMM »

For developing with the Java Stack, if you are an Eclipse user, you are going to want to use the LDSTech IDE, as the LDSTech IDE is a slightly modified version of Eclipse that streamlines Stack development. When using the LDSTech IDE, if you import a Java Stack project, it will automatically be added to a LDSTech Server which is a slightly modified version of Tomcat, that allows for handling of different catalina.properties files, for different environments, ect. You will find instructions on how to get set up using the LDSTech IDE, in the getting started guide, found here - https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_the_LDSTech_IDE_%28Java_WebApp_platform%29. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Matt W.
jmaynec

Post by jmaynec »

Yes, with the lds tech ide it works , i was trying add the proyect a eclipse ide without modifications, thank you....

Return to “Java Web Project Support (Stack)”