We just did boundary realignment in MLS as part of ward split-- how quickly will

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
briankorale

We just did boundary realignment in MLS as part of ward split-- how quickly will

Post by briankorale »

the member records move into our new unit in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

briankorale wrote:the member records move into our new unit in MLS.
Generally, record moves that have plenty of detail (membership record number, birthdate, and name) are moved through an automated process. In my experience, they happen in less than 24 hours; sometimes within just a few hours. Move requests generated through the boundary realignment process always have that level of detail, so it should all be done by sometime tomorrow.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Our stake just went through a realignment. All of the wards put the move requests in on Sunday night and the changes were visible in the online directory on Monday. The ward boundary lines in the online map didn't change for several days.

The map pins for individual members went through a couple of steps. On Monday they showed up in the new wards, so we could see the new boundaries (because of the shape of the pins) superimposed over the old boundaries. After about a day they all disappeared from the map and then showed up again 24 hours later after the location updated in the new ward. It will make more sense as you watch things happen over the next couple of days.
briankorale

Post by briankorale »

It's been 3 days now, and the names moved out of the old ward, but haven't moved into the new ward yet. (The new ward in MLS seems to be a shell account and I keep hitting send/receive each day.) What should I do? I was going to call Headquarters, but I don't know the phone #.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

briankorale wrote: I was going to call Headquarters, but I don't know the phone #.

Contact Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is the new ward being created? In that case there will be some additional delays. The ward won't be created until the paperwork from the sustaining meeting and the ordination of the new Bishop is processed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It looks like the new ward was created today. That means it will get into most other systems tomorrow. Then the moves should go through.
briankorale

Imported finally

Post by briankorale »

The hold-up on the receiving end turns out to be the stake. We walked into the stake offices (the stake is currently without a stake clerk), and asked the Exec. Sec. to log on to the Stake MLS, and there was an "Urgent Task" that had something to do with "New Ward Setup" so he clicked it and it was just a list of all the wards in the Stake, including the new ward, and all he did was hit "Save."

Then after an overnight cycle, our new Ward MLS' "Send/receive" imported all of the membership into the new ward. The LDS.org "tools" doesn't work for me yet, though, which is either due to the need to wait yet another overnight computer cycle, or if the stake hasn't yet input the new ward's bishopric (including my name as Ward Clerk) into their MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

briankorale wrote: The LDS.org "tools" doesn't work for me yet, though, which is either due to the need to wait yet another overnight computer cycle, or if the stake hasn't yet input the new ward's bishopric (including my name as Ward Clerk) into their MLS.

The stake does have to input the bishop in stake MLS using the Leader and Unit Change Request feature.

But the rest of the bishopric, including the ward clerk(s) and executive secretary, need to be set up with standard callings in your ward's MLS. And you don't have to wait for the bishop's calling to work its way through stake MLS, approval in CDOL, and back to your ward's MLS before you set up those other callings at the ward level.

Return to “Membership Help”