Can a guest user login via the iPhone or IPad app?

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

magilmour

Can a guest user login via the iPhone or IPad app?

Post by magilmour »

Hi all,

I have read that it is possible for me as someone with a PVC account to invite guests into a conference call and it seems that the instructions centre on the desktop based system.

Can that guest that I invite use the iPhone or iPad app to log into the call as to access the mobile app requires the use of the ldsaccount username and password which in this instance would not work, I assume?

Many thanks
Mark Gilmour,
Portsmouth England Stake.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

My experience has been that you can not, but that's just my experience...
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

magilmour wrote:Hi all,

I have read that it is possible for me as someone with a PVC account to invite guests into a conference call and it seems that the instructions centre on the desktop based system.

Can that guest that I invite use the iPhone or iPad app to log into the call as to access the mobile app requires the use of the ldsaccount username and password which in this instance would not work, I assume?

Many thanks
Mark Gilmour,
Portsmouth England Stake.
Unfortunately, the current VidyoMobile app (both iOS and Android) requires username and password log-in in order to use. So there is currently no way for a guest to join a meeting from VidyoMobile. We have talked to Vidyo about this shortcoming, and they have told us that they are working on an enhanced version of the app that will be closer in functionality to the PC/Mac-based application, which should become available sometime in 2012. They have told us it will include the ability to log in as a guest.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
wiscombe.peter

Re: Can a guest user login via the iPhone or IPad app?

Post by wiscombe.peter »

Now that its been over a year since this question was asked, are we any closer to a solution?

This is a very valuable tool, and although the guest feature works, it will not allow us to invite a guest who will be accessing on a mobile device.

The documentation from vidyo (http://www.vidyo.com/documents/support/ ... -Guide.pdf) actually has screen shots and instructions for guest connections using an iOS based device, but it appears that this feature is only available for portals at version 2.2 and higher.

And if I am reading the 'About' screen correctly, the lds.org portal is at version 2.1

Thank you
jasonhill23
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Can a guest user login via the iPhone or IPad app?

Post by jasonhill23 »

They will be able to on 8/1/2014. See https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=19592 for more information.

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”