Turning off sounds in MLS

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
Attaboy

Turning off sounds in MLS

Post by Attaboy »

How does one turn the sounds for mouse clicks off or deactivate them?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think you can do it in MLS. You'll have to either use Window Volume Control, or if you have external speakers, turn them off.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I also think you need to check out the Windows system settiings. Once upon a time I liked having my computer make sounds every time anything happened (like mouse clicks, a window is minimized, etc.) until I started using the computer to do audio editing and didn't want distracting system sounds. There should be a pre-set that turns off all of those sounds at once... or just go to the volume control and select mute (so that other users can easily un-mute and enjoy all of those sounds if they want to).

EDIT:

In Windows XP Professional I went to the Control Panel and looked under "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties." Then I went to the tab marked "Sounds" and found a box called "Sound scheme." I selected "No sounds" in that box. Now the system doesn't generate sounds for things like mouse clicks but this setting will not mute the sounds made by other programs (like web browsers and media players).
Attaboy

Post by Attaboy »

I have already set the computer sounds to none. This is the first thing I do with any computer I work with. Is there a audio file to work with in the program?
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Then, are you saying that the Windows system sounds are disabled but you still get those sounds (or at least some of them) when you run MLS? I haven't experienced that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrrad wrote:Then, are you saying that the Windows system sounds are disabled but you still get those sounds (or at least some of them) when you run MLS? I haven't experienced that.

I think what he's saying is that he'd gone into the Windows "sound" area - the area where you can select what sound goes with what window event and turned that off. That area also covers some Windows programs, but apparently not MLS.

I'm sure if he went into the Windows Volume control/Mixer, he could shut it off. But it would likely shut it off for other programs as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

attaboy wrote:I have already set the computer sounds to none. This is the first thing I do with any computer I work with.
It would help to know if you are working with Windows XP or Windows 7, as the sound systems operate quite differently.
Attaboy

Post by Attaboy »

The computer is using Windows XP.

The sounds are coming from MLS. All other sounds for programs have been turned off.

Return to “Clerk Computers”