Building Scheduler - other ward events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
azjacque

Building Scheduler - other ward events

Post by azjacque »

I am the building scheduler, so other wards contact me to schedule events for their ward. However, the only calendars I have available to me are the calendars for our ward. How can I schedule events so it appears correctly on the other ward calendars?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

azjacque wrote:I am the building scheduler, so other wards contact me to schedule events for their ward. However, the only calendars I have available to me are the calendars for our ward. How can I schedule events so it appears correctly on the other ward calendars?
Scheduling ward events should be done by someone in the ward, not the building scheduler. Those wards should be setting up calendar editors who can schedule the bulk of the events, and any other events that need to be scheduled can be done by a ward administrator. There is no reason for people in the ward to be contacting a building scheduler just to schedule events -- as you have discovered, there is no way for a building scheduler to put events on ward calendars, but that's where ward events need to be.

See About scheduling events in the help system for an explanation of the new distributed scheduling model, and Building scheduler role for an explanation of your role as building scheduler.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

azjacque wrote:I am the building scheduler, so other wards contact me to schedule events for their ward. However, the only calendars I have available to me are the calendars for our ward. How can I schedule events so it appears correctly on the other ward calendars?

You don't. The new system doesn't allow the old ways to work. They are to place the events on their own calendars on a first come, first served basis. You'd only in involved in setting Reservations for the units (setting what nights each unit has the building) and dealing with scheduling conflicts (you do have the power to edit events that take place in your building.)

The new way take some adjusting, but in the end, it's less work for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”