LDS.ORG study helps tool bar

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jeremyheath102

LDS.ORG study helps tool bar

Post by jeremyheath102 »

I am having trouble with the lds.org tool bar that is supposed to come up on the bottum of the scrren when you are loged in to lds.org when I am using a computer the uses the OS of Windows 7, but it comes up normally on Vista and XP. Please help.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

jeremyheath102 wrote:I am having trouble with the lds.org tool bar that is supposed to come up on the bottum of the scrren when you are loged in to lds.org when I am using a computer the uses the OS of Windows 7, but it comes up normally on Vista and XP. Please help.

It is working on my system Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with these browsers
IE 9.0.8112.16421
Firefox 6.0
Chrome 16.0.912.75 m
Safari 5.1.2
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The toolbar may be turned off in the browser. In IE9 there's a couple of places to check:

Right Click the top and insure that the desired toolbar has a checkmark next to it.

Click on the gear icon in the top right, Manage add-ons and insure that the toolbar in enabled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:The toolbar may be turned off in the browser.

The study toolbar can't be turned on or off like browser toolbars -- it's a different kind of toolbar. It appears within the browser window at the bottom of the page, and looks like this (when you are signed in to lds.org, and you are on a page that contains some sort of gospel content such as scriptures, general conference, etc.):
ToolBar.jpg
(18.71 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
The toolbar can be collapsed, in which case it might be hard to see:
ToolBarC.png
ToolBarC.png (9.5 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
In that case, just click on the icon in the bottom left corner, and the toolbar will reappear.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeremyheath102

Post by jeremyheath102 »

thank you for your thoughts, but the study helps tool bar that should be at the bottom of the screen is still not there. Here are a few other things that I have done. I reformatted and I have added lds.org to my trusted sites and still nothing. I am getting a warning at the lower left of my browser saying that the pages loaded with errors.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

It is not working for me either. I'm using Firefox 9.0.1. but it also doesn't show up in IE 9.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”