Online calendar and Mac computers - Incompatible???

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
luisbeal

Online calendar and Mac computers - Incompatible???

Post by luisbeal »

Our building scheduler has a Mac and the events he sees on his reservation's calendar are different than those I see when I add myself as a building scheduler (I'm a stake website admin).
Here is what happened. Our building scheduler had created a repeating reservation for his ward that starts at 8:30pm (EQ requested it, although the EQ president has not yet claimed that reservation so it's up for grabs from his ward). The Stake YW needs the cultural hall on a certain date until 9pm. The EQ president agreed on this change so the Stake YW requested the building scheduler to change the reservation accordingly so she could add the extra 30 min to her event. The building scheduler said he could not because X person had claimed that reservation time with an event and the calendar was telling him to contact the person that created it. Either way he should be able to change events he just can't create them so this didn't make sense. I went into the reservations calendar and did not see anywhere that event the X person created so I made the change myself, I changed the building scheduler's reservation and then went into the YW's event and added 30 min for clean up thus giving them the extra time they had requested. I don't understand why his Mac shows things that are not there. The first time we met his Mac showed stuff that did not appear on my computer so this is not the first time this has happened. Is anyone aware of any incompatibility issues between the online calendar and Mac computers? If so please let us know if there are any fixes that he can apply to his computer to make it work correctly. I searched the forum but couldn't find any postings on this issue.
Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I really doubt that there is any difference with a Mac. There could possibly be some differences between browsers, but the differences you describe could not possibly be browser or hardware related. There is no way that certain events will show up on one computer but not appear on a Mac.

The differences are almost certainly related to one or more of:
  • Subscribed calendars
  • Calendars selected to be viewed
  • Permissions (building scheduler, administrator, editor)
  • Views (monthly, weekly, reservation)
Before I would even suspect the Mac, I would suggest that you and he experiment with logging in to the other person's computer. You should sign in to his Mac and see how it works, and/or he should sign in to your computer and see how it works. My guess is that you will have almost exactly the same experience on his Mac as you have on your computer and the same for him.

If that is true, then you will have eliminated the Mac as a factor, and you can then look in detail at the other factors I mentioned above and try to narrow down the source of the different experience.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unless you belong to the same ward, it's not possible to see exactly the same calendar.

One quirk of the new system, you can't see a calendar unless you subscribe to it. Compare your settings under Settings > Subscriptions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”