Not receiving email notifications

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mrwenzel

Not receiving email notifications

Post by mrwenzel »

For some reason I don't seem to be receiving email notifications for calendar changes or event creations/modification. So far in 3 months I have only received what appear to be 2 random notifications from a stake calendar. One was a new event, and one was an event removal. I have never yet received any notifications from ward calendars.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are two e-mail notification settings you need to make sure are set correctly first. Go to Settings > Subscriptions and check to see that " Allow email reminders for calendar events" is checked, that " Allow email reminders for this calendar" is checked for the appropriate calendars, and that you are subscribed to those calendars.

I do not recall how long it has been since e-mail notifications were restored but they were disabled for several months. They may have been restored in early December.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mrwenzel wrote:For some reason I don't seem to be receiving email notifications for calendar changes or event creations/modification. So far in 3 months I have only received what appear to be 2 random notifications from a stake calendar. One was a new event, and one was an event removal. I have never yet received any notifications from ward calendars.
The other thing to be aware of is that the calendar editor making the change to the calendar (add event, remove event, delete event) has to choose to send a notification. If the calendar editor doesn't choose to send a notification, no one will be notified, regardless of their notification settings.

It may well be that during the many months that notifications were disabled, that calendar editors got out of the habit of sending notifications. They may not be aware that notifications were enabled again in the recent past.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If I'm not mistaken, the default is no notification. The editor has to click a extra check box to send a notification. I'm not sure if the setting sticks after that or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the default is no notification. The editor has to click a extra check box to send a notification. I'm not sure if the setting sticks after that or not.
A notification is only sent if the editor explicitly chooses to send a notification. That choice does not stick, so for each edit or delete or create, no notification is set unless the editor checks the box.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mrwenzel

Post by mrwenzel »

jdlessley wrote:There are two e-mail notification settings you need to make sure are set correctly first. Go to Settings > Subscriptions and check to see that " Allow email reminders for calendar events" is checked, that " Allow email reminders for this calendar" is checked for the appropriate calendars, and that you are subscribed to those calendars.

I do not recall how long it has been since e-mail notifications were restored but they were disabled for several months. They may have been restored in early December.

Ok, I've checked that emails are enabled for all subscribed calendars. Based on some other comments, I don't think that is the issue.
mrwenzel

Post by mrwenzel »

aebrown wrote:A notification is only sent if the editor explicitly chooses to send a notification. That choice does not stick, so for each edit or delete or create, no notification is set unless the editor checks the box.
Based on the random nature of the emails I do receive, I suspect this is the reason. Some people send the notifications, some don't....

Thanks

Return to “Calendar”