Positions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
farwest

Positions

Post by farwest »

Stake leadership positions not showing on new. Calendar Well some are and some are missing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:Stake leadership positions not showing on new. Calendar Well some are and some are missing.
You talk about stake leadership positions in the Calendar. The only place stake leadership positions appear is in the list of calendar administrators at the stake level, as described in Administrator role. Is that what you are talking about? If so, what do you mean by "positions not showing"? Are the positions not listed, or are the people you expect to appear for each position not shown in the list?

As far as I know, the list of positions is always the same. If someone doesn't have a particular calling, the "Individual" column will say Position Unfilled where the name would otherwise appear.

[Moderator note: I moved this thread from the Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS) section to the new Calendar section, since it specifically referred to the new Calendar.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
farwest

Post by farwest »

All the positions in MLS are showing HC, RS, YW and so on but in the directory on the web the HC shows some of the brethren that have been released and the stake yw president is missing with the 2nd counselor in primary missing. So what do you have to do to correct this? Also if these members are not showing in their respective calling how can they set up the respective calendars?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:All the positions in MLS are showing HC, RS, YW and so on but in the directory on the web the HC shows some of the brethren that have been released and the stake yw president is missing with the 2nd counselor in primary missing. So what do you have to do to correct this?
Even if the positions in MLS look correct, they may not be entered with standard callings (it's possible to have custom callings that look very similar to or even exactly like the standard callings). The fact that the callings don't show up properly in the lds.org Directory is an indication that the callings are not quite right with standard callings, or it's possible that CDOL and MLS are out of sync. In that case, follow the instructions in the wiki at Correcting duplicate or missing callings.
farwest wrote:Also if these members are not showing in their respective calling how can they set up the respective calendars?
It's certainly the case that they won't be able to edit their respective calendars if they are not associated with their correct standard callings, but calendars have been configured such that editors have access based on their callings. But calendar editing is only one among several good reasons to make sure that they are set up with the correct callings, so follow the instructions above.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

farwest wrote:All the positions in MLS are showing HC, RS, YW and so on but in the directory on the web the HC shows some of the brethren that have been released and the stake yw president is missing with the 2nd counselor in primary missing. So what do you have to do to correct this? Also if these members are not showing in their respective calling how can they set up the respective calendars?
You can fix them by following the steps here. For the High council members you will need to follow the steps for the refresh. For the yw president and the primary counselor follow the paragraph at the bottom of that section.
farwest

Post by farwest »

I took those that were not showing on the directory website and went into MLS and changed their sustain date and saved then went back and changed it back and saved per instructions. This worked and they both now show on the web directory but my stake yw president has no rights to add events. I'm having her register again to see if that will work. Any thoughts would help. Also my MLS list of high council is correct but the website leadership shows 3 high councilman that have been released for sometime. How do you delete them?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote: This worked and they both now show on the web directory but my stake yw president has no rights to add events.

If the Stake YW president shows up correctly in the lds.org Directory, then the next place to look is in the Calendar. Go to Settings > Calendars, then edit the stake calendar which you think she should be an editor for. In the Viewers/Editors box, see if the position Stake Young Women President appears, with View and Edit permissions.
farwest wrote:Also my MLS list of high council is correct but the website leadership shows 3 high councilman that have been released for sometime. How do you delete them?
As I explained above, follow the instructions in the wiki at Correcting duplicate or missing callings.

P.S. If they have the calling of "high councilman" then they must have been released decades ago (the correct title has been "high councilor" for many, many years). :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

farwest wrote:This worked and they both now show on the web directory but my stake yw president has no rights to add events.

How long did you wait? Changes to the CDOL are very quick, but it may not make it to the calendar for a day or so.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”