CSV Export and Custom Reports from LDS.ORG

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
manielsen2002

CSV Export and Custom Reports from LDS.ORG

Post by manielsen2002 »

It would be invaluable to me to have the same kind of export capabilities on the Leader access portion of LDS.ORG as I have on MLS.

Another very valuble tool would be access to all the leader lists that are on LDS.ORG at a web service level like what is utilized on LDS Tools: http://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Tools_Web_Services

I am asked frequently to compile custom lists and the custom reporting tool on MLS is sufficient to get me the data I need and then I can manipulate it as need in other tools, it would advance my abilities by light years if I could do this via a SOAP, REST or plain XML/JSON result to code directly into a reporting app.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Although I currently wouldn't know what to do with a web service, I do think one of the following would be awesome:

* CSV Export from the leader portal
* Custom reporting from the leader portal (like in MLS)
* OR a Church Approved remote access solution to acces the computer in the clerks' office while I'm at home. (with this I could use the existing features of the custom reports in MLS with anyone having to write more code for the leader portal)

Thanks~!
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Which lists / reports would export functionality (CSV, JSON, XML) be most useful for?
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
manielsen2002

Post by manielsen2002 »

Start with https://lds.org/mls/mbr/records/member- ... l?lang=eng and give the ability to filter just like this page can by ward and organization.

Then anything on the Unit Statistics drill downs would be very, very helpful.

To start just a CSV from the regular Web UI would be great. (Although you can just copy and paste the screen to excel and get that pretty much after some formatting) Home run would be to have all this though the web service so I can write an app for Stake Presidency that would gather all this quickly and easily into Excel or other for reporting, etc.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

jkitterman wrote:Which lists / reports would export functionality (CSV, JSON, XML) be most useful for?

I looked over the reports and read manielsen2002's post on copying and pasting into excel and it turns out, I think we are okay using manielsen2002's suggestion (copy and paste, format a little). I think we are okay because I don't export to CSV that often.

HOWEVER, I do run Custom Reports out of MLS on a regular basis (Unassigned HT lists, Ordinance Lists, etc) and it would be awesome to be able to create a custom report out of MLS and upload the .mls file (by exporting it first) to the leader portal to run. I know this would involve all sorts of extra work (allowing uploads, parsing the xml of a .mls file, making sure people don't upload something they shouldn't, etc), but I could see it being used by many people (and saving time because I wouldn't have to drive over to the church building to run a report for the bishop :-) ).

Anyhow, to answer the question about the CSV stuff for the existing reports, I'm good right now with copy/paste and then format.

THANK YOU!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”