Printing Out Stake Calendar larger font?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sharonlower

Printing Out Stake Calendar larger font?

Post by sharonlower »

The Stake President wants me to print out and email each month the current 2012 calendar ... Yep...more work..to email to all bishops
and ward bulletin members. the problem is the calendar in PDF

prints out in such small font.

The Print button shows font changes-big-bigger-biggest
but doesn't seem to be working.

Is there anyway the Stake Calendar can be made bigger
Many not happy members. and I'm still trying to figure out
a way to make it readable for the older members

Stake Members are online but not many.

Any help or improvements on the way?

Sharon

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just tested printing the calendar using different font sizes. What I experienced was that all the font sizes listed were available. However as the number of events displayed increased there was a stop limit on the font size in order to display all the events. You may be running into this limitation.

There are a number of ways to get all the events in a larger font. The first is to increase the real estate available for event title display. In the "Advanced options" select a larger format such as "US legal" or even "Tabloid/Ledger". The down side to this is if a hard copy print is made. When the larger paper size is used then the person printing would have to either print on legal size (8.5in x 14in) paper or tabloid size (11in x 17in) paper.

The second way is to reduce the number of events displayed by not viewing all the stake calendars at one time. Rather select calendars by groups to print to a PDF. Several PDF files may be required with each file having a smaller number of displayed calendars to get all the stake events. The down side to this method is that all events cannot be viewed together in one file or printed page.

The third method is to use a combination of the first two if there are a large number of events filling each month.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

And yet another technique is to use keep event titles short by using abbreviations and eliminating unnecessary words. Of course, you don't want to make titles so short that they are cryptic and fail to communicate the purpose of the event, but you really don't need to have a title of "Aaronic Priesthood Restoration Commemoration Activity" -- something like "AP Commem. Act." could work.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”