My Study Notebook Page Not Found Error after syncing annotations on iPhone

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rleyre

My Study Notebook Page Not Found Error after syncing annotations on iPhone

Post by rleyre »

Has anyone had issues not being able to access their My Study Notebook after setting up annotation sync on their iPhone or mobile device? I receive the error: Page Not Found whenever I try to navigate to My Study Notebook. I have had issues and can't access My Study Notebook since I setup the annotation sync. I am looking for help. I have sent questions to the Church Support Groups but nothing they have suggested fixed anything. They suggested issues with my browser but I have cleared cache and tried other computers. Nothing is working. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the My Study Notebook working again or how to get support to assist with your user account. The last support response suggested I try searching the forum for similar issues. I can't find an Threads on the problem. Thanks for any suggestion!!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This sounds like the problem discussed in the thread 5 months of Study Notebook error with no resolution. That problem was reported as being fixed, but it isn't clear to me whether the fix was in the software or if the user's data had to be corrected.

The same problem was reported in the earlier thread My Study Notebook not functioning.

Hopefully those threads will give you some clues; in particular, in this post a dev lead for lds.org expresses willingness to help solve the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rleyre

Post by rleyre »

It looks like a lead developer helped the others with similar issues. I sent a private message to her. Her name was Mindie. Is this the correct way to get her to reply or should I post something here? By the way thanks for pointing me to those examples. I had tried a few searches and didn't find anything until you pointed those threads out!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rleyre wrote:It looks like a lead developer helped the others with similar issues. I sent a private message to her. Her name was Mindie. Is this the correct way to get her to reply or should I post something here?

You did it correctly -- a private message is the best way to communicate privately with a specific person. Mindie will most likely receive an email telling her that she received a private message (there is an option to disable email notifications, but it is on by default, and few people ever turn it off).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
knowlj

Unable to duplicate

Post by knowlj »

I'm a developer working on the LDS.org project. I tried this on my Ipad2 IOS5. I first set up syncing on my Ipad2. I made highlights on my Ipad2. I then went into the scriptures on my PC and made highlights, they synched to my Ipad2 automatically and without a hitch. What IOS are you using?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I have the latest version of iOS 5 (5.2?) and I have this problem. I can't say specifically when the problem started, but it was shortly after upgrading to 5 and to the latest version of the Gospel Library (2.4?). I already sent a copy of all my annotations XML to Jeff N.
rleyre

Post by rleyre »

I am not 100% sure it was caused by syncing annotations but I have high [font=&quot]suspicions that it might be related to me turning annotation sync on about a week before I noticed this happening. I am using the iPhone OS version 5.0.1. My user is rleyre for reference purposes. I don't even necessarily care about it all showing up on my iPhone, it would be nice. The most important thing for me is to get my data back on the lds.org website. Any help would be appreciated. One additional piece of information is that I think this also might be related to the comment by jdcr256. I upgraded my Gospel Library on iPhone sometime around this same time to 2.4.1. This prompted my Gospel Library to ask me if I wanted annontation sync on. I just replied yes. I didn't use My Study Notebook on lds.org for a week or so after this and the next time I tried using My Study Notebook I received the Page Not Found error. I have also been trying to work with support group but nothing they suggested has worked. I did notice that the references to older threads above in this thread had been resolved by a lead developer named Mindie. It almost sounded like they had to do something behind the scenes to get it working again for users...... See: [/font]5 months of Study Notebook error with no resolution. and My Study Notebook not functioning. Thanks.
rleyre

Post by rleyre »

This does appear to be an issue with annotations. I had a link on my iPhone to the entire selection/references for the following in the Bible Dictionary: Christ, Names of

I think something in the link must have contained some unrecognized characters and this caused the issue when this link showed up on My Study Notebook after the annotation sync was turned on my iPhone. The reference for Christ, Names of in the Bible Dictionary is very long and has multiple headings. Seems to be working now after deleting the offending annotation. They are still looking into a fix for this.
volzmike

Same solution for me....

Post by volzmike »

I haven't been able to access my study notebook for days, and I luckily remembered the very last note I put into it. It was a link (that's seems significant) that I made in my iphone from a manual to the scriptures. That's seems to make sense as links are not something you can do in the study notebook on a pc. However, on an iphone, there are many other options other than just to tag, or add a note. And on a side note, it would be nice to see all the functionality the iphone has on the site for a pc. I'd like to make links while on my pc as well. I'd like to make links at all!
volzmike

Post by volzmike »

volzmike wrote:I haven't been able to access my study notebook for days, and I luckily remembered the very last note I put into it. It was a link (that's seems significant) that I made in my iphone from a manual to the scriptures. That's seems to make sense as links are not something you can do in the study notebook on a pc. However, on an iphone, there are many other options other than just to tag, or add a note. And on a side note, it would be nice to see all the functionality the iphone has on the site for a pc. I'd like to make links while on my pc as well. I'd like to make links at all!
I should add, the problem was resolved after deleting the said link.

Return to “Main Church Website”