Calendar Features Question

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jimmienelson

Calendar Features Question

Post by jimmienelson »

I had two really quick questions about the new calendar system since I happen to be entering information within it lately.

1. Is there any way to create or have the ability to have the description area display links to other web areas for members to reference and/or utilize?Is there a particular syntax code we code use to achieve this?

2. Is there anyway to have line breaks display right when viewing the description area? Right now they appear as one long sequence.
ie. This would be line oneThis would be line two

Would prefer to display like this...
ie. this would be line one

this would be line two

Thanks for your support in advance

~jimmie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jimmienelson wrote:1. Is there any way to create or have the ability to have the description area display links to other web areas for members to reference and/or utilize?Is there a particular syntax code we code use to achieve this?

No. Others have requested this (see, for example, Calendar - Event Description - Hyperlink), but there is no way to do it at this point.
jimmienelson wrote:2. Is there anyway to have line breaks display right when viewing the description area? Right now they appear as one long sequence.
ie. This would be line oneThis would be line two

Would prefer to display like this...
ie. this would be line one

this would be line two

Line breaks in the description display fine for calendar editors, so I assume you are talking about non-editors. When they click on an event in the main Calendar view and then choose "View Event Details & Location," the description is indeed displayed without line breaks. That sounds like a formatting bug.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”