You have not yet printed the report for the most recent batch...

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Teletubby

You have not yet printed the report for the most recent batch...

Post by Teletubby »

"You have not yet printed the report for the most recent batch of expenses..."

This has got to be the most frustrating part of MLS for me.

You are entering expenses, think you are done for the day, someone walks to the clerk's office and hands in another disbursement request, you have just printed the what you thought were the last checks for the day, you are in a rush and load check paper for this next late check, this prompt comes up to print the report, you accidentally print the report on check paper. :mad:

Please, please, please print the batch expense report, before you EXIT MLS or somewhere later in the process.

I realize that I don't have to immediately process disbursement requests (and can wait till next week) but I see no benefit or reason for this prompt appearing and FORCING you to print the batch report.

Selecting the "No" button on this dialog does absolutely nothing.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

While I can understand your frustration there is a reason for that message and the need to print the report. There is only one chance to print that report and doing so at the end of the batch is the most logical to ensure it gets done.

It really did not take me long to realize this was the way MLS behaved and I adapted my work routine to accommodate it. Printing the report as you are exiting MLS can create some issues. One of those is privacy. Not everyone using MLS has finance rights and therefore should not see the report. Granted, most of the time someone with finance rights is the going to be the one who closes, or exits, MLS. But the programmers considered all possible scenarios when implementing this feature.

I think that printing the batch expense report(s) could be printed at log-off. Even when a user with finance rights exits MLS rather than logs off this routine could be handled with the accompanying message to print the report(s).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Teletubby

Post by Teletubby »

jdlessley wrote:I think that printing the batch expense report(s) could be printed at log-off. Even when a user with finance rights exits MLS rather than logs off this routine could be handled with the accompanying message to print the report(s).
I would love it, if it was during log-off, or if the "No" button actually delayed the printing until later - either would be great!

Thanks!
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

Along with that I'd be pleased if I could print the report again. Had a printer die sometime when I sent it that final print job (after printing the checks... terrible timing) and as a result I could not reprint the job. To be clear, I had sent the report to the printer already but it never printed it, so it was not like I could go and reprint to PDF or something (a practice I've considered making the default for this very reason). Also had a situation a few years ago where after getting everything signed the report was mixed in with the shred-ables (bad assistant clerk; never let him live it down). Again, no way to reprint the report though it is probably something easy to make available.

AB

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”