Calendar Languages

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Bradybr

Calendar Languages

Post by Bradybr »

I'm finding that even though I have selected English as my choice for calendar viewing, I still have headings showing up in another language. Are there any others with that dilemma? For example, all of my headings in the left sidebar are not in English while everything else is. I have clicked on the "languages" tab several times and selected English, but it reverts back to another language. Anybody have an explanation for this?

Thanks a lot!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I've never seen this problem, and I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it, but you're not alone: someone else made a post this morning regarding this very same problem at: Screen View language problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

He's not alone. This was reported right after the new release here.

So the count is now up to 4 and no solutions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

calendar_language.jpg
(11.92 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Count me in as well. I've tried to re-select the Language (English) and also checked my language selection on my LDS account, but nothing helps. Looks like the language for this bar of the calendar as well as other text is locked in as Spanish.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder why it picks on some people. Those of you affected, is it reverting to the default language of the ward or stake? Any connection you think of between the language selected and something else?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

It's cleared up by itself now. When the problem was appearing it affected all of the text of the page except for the calendar events themselves. The default language of our stake is entirely English. Why it cleared up or what was causing it is unknown. Perhaps someone backed out a recent change??
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
davepeterson

Post by davepeterson »

I'm seeing the same thing - as of yesterday my calendar shows up in Spanish (fortunately I speak Spanish) :-)
dcmerrell

Post by dcmerrell »

Same thing here.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

It just happened to me after I refreshed. Someone has clearly overwritten the services/lucrs/page/str/index file with the wrong language for "en" in the latest release. You can clearly see from my Firebug trace that the language is specified as "en", but the resulting output from services/lucrs/page/str/index/3591 is all in Spanish.
Calendar.jpg
(104.6 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
sinclair

Post by sinclair »

I have the same problem. When the page is loading the “Today” button is labeled “!Today!”. Once the page load completes the label changes to “Hoy”. :confused:

Return to “Calendar”