Church video content files in DVD format ready?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
davidmarmolejo

Church video content files in DVD format ready?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Are there any files "like" The General Conferance that are in DVD format for download? becuase converting the mp4 format to a DVD format so that it could be viewed in a regular
DVD player, in my computer it takes a complete day converting it for even a one
single 2 hour session. using DVD Flick ( well its free)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidmarmolejo wrote:Are there any files like The General Conferance that are in DVD format?
Yes, at store.lds.org you can order General Conference DVDs.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

DVD format church video files for download
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Based on the time involved as noted on your first post above, I would suggest that purchasing the General Conference DVD's would be a more cost effective solution. They are very inexpensive and by the time you purchase the blank DVD's and spend the time to convert them all, I don't think you save anything by doing it yourself.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I wonder why they don't gives us that format .
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Probably because MP4 is friendly to portable devices. I've downloaded clips to put on my iPod G4 (not the fancy touch) and used them with a video projector. It's also probably a more compact format meaning it takes less space on the server and downloads faster. Not to mention being HD.

I did a quick check. 720p for Saturday Morning is 1.78GB. A iso of the same 2 hour session would probably be closer to the 4.7GB capacity of a DVD.

But this raises another question - what format/resolution did you download? Depending on what you selected, it would have added that much overhead to the conversion. After all, DVD is only SD, not HD.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

the best one mp4
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might try a lower resolution. That's well above what DVD can support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

i finally did it!! ! i looked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was the joseph smith movie it really looked
incredible! even doe my t.v is standar not HD not even flat
gsgentry

Post by gsgentry »

How did you get that movie to download? - I couldn't find a download link for that movie

Return to “General Discussions”