Ward Member's ID Already Assigned to An LDS.org Account - Help

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
amoncur

Ward Member's ID Already Assigned to An LDS.org Account - Help

Post by amoncur »

Hi,

I am the clerk in my ward and was approached by a member who says he has tried creating an account on LDS.org as well as mormon.org, but every time he puts in his membership ID number, he gets a message telling him that the number is already associated with another account. I've checked the number he's using and it's the same as is given for him in the MLS. He assures me that he has never before created an account using this ID (or any other ID, for that matter). Who can I turn to in order to figure out what is going on and get him signed up for a new LDS.org account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think there's a good chance he's created an ID for another church website and simply doesn't realize it carries over to this one. Family History or the Perpetual Education Fund being a couple of them. You can see the complete list here. Just look for all the sites that say "LDS Account" in the left column.

I'd go to ldsaccount.lds.org, select "Can't sign in" and "How do I recover my user name?" I'd probably also select "don't have/remember my e-mail". That will get you on your way to recovering the account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
amoncur

Post by amoncur »

Thank you! I'll try these suggestions.

Return to “Church Account”