Full Ward Database/ Excel file Available??

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
RobTaylor-p40

Full Ward Database/ Excel file Available??

Post by RobTaylor-p40 »

Is there a list of all the wards in the world with country, state/area, postal code, ward name, stake, mission ?? Or any smaller subset of this data??

I would like to get a hold of it just to allow members to select which ward they are from on my community site, without forcing them to arbitrarily write the ward name as they want to...

It would be a pain to have people writing: Cary 1st, Cary I, Cary First, Cary 1st Ward, etc, essentially showing up as unique ward names in our database.

We would be willing to conform to standards or policies if we were able to use this in some way... so if anyone knows how we might be able to get it, or request it appropriately, that would be really Great!!

Thanks,

Rob
CJohnson-p40

Post by CJohnson-p40 »

I'd like a copy of this as well... So your not the only one :)
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RobTaylor wrote:Is there a list of all the wards in the world with country, state/area, postal code, ward name, stake, mission ?? Or any smaller subset of this data??

I would like to get a hold of it just to allow members to select which ward they are from on my community site, without forcing them to arbitrarily write the ward name as they want to...

It would be a pain to have people writing: Cary 1st, Cary I, Cary First, Cary 1st Ward, etc, essentially showing up as unique ward names in our database.

We would be willing to conform to standards or policies if we were able to use this in some way... so if anyone knows how we might be able to get it, or request it appropriately, that would be really Great!!

Thanks,

Rob

I know there should be since every ward/stake/branch/mission has an ID number which connects to the official name, but I do not know if we can get access to it.
- David
RobTaylor-p40

Post by RobTaylor-p40 »

Yeah, I think something even as simple as "ID", "Stake", "Ward" would be nice to have, and simplify any system.

Anyone know where one might make the request for this data?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

The Bishop's know the number for their ward and the stake presidents know the number for the stake.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

RobTaylor wrote:Is there a list of all the wards in the world with country, state/area, postal code, ward name, stake, mission ?? Or any smaller subset of this data??

Thanks,

Rob
There is no list available to the public at this time. Sorry.

Tom

Return to “Other Member Technologies”