Posting Reoccuring Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
greglebaron

Posting Reoccuring Events

Post by greglebaron »

When I post an event that reoccurs each week, if there is a single conflicting event during the period, nothing will post. Is it possible to modify the program so as to provide an option to post the reoccuing event EXCEPT for the weeks when there is a conflict and then identify the weeks where there is a conflict so those can be handled on a case-by-case basis?

Thanks, Greg
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

greglebaron wrote:When I post an event that reoccurs each week, if there is a single conflicting event during the period, nothing will post. Is it possible to modify the program so as to provide an option to post the reoccuing event EXCEPT for the weeks when there is a conflict and then identify the weeks where there is a conflict so those can be handled on a case-by-case basis?

That would be a nice addition, and it's been suggested previously on this forum (although I can't find the post right off).

In the meantime, a technique that can help solve this is to do the following:
  1. Create the repeating event as desired.
  2. Save
  3. If a conflict is mentioned so that you can't save, then note the date of the conflict.
  4. Change the location to be "No Location"
  5. Save (this will certainly work with no conflicts).
  6. Remove the event for the specific conflicting date(s).
  7. Edit the repeating event
  8. Set the location to be the desired location
  9. Save (and specify that it affects the entire series).
  10. That should save, since the conflicting date is no longer part of the series.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
greglebaron

Post by greglebaron »

Excellant approach -- Thanks, Greg

Return to “Calendar”