Potential Conflicts

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
greglebaron

Potential Conflicts

Post by greglebaron »

I posted an event and a number of potential conflicts were identified, even beyond the existing window (I would have had to scroll down to see all of them). Before I could review all the potential conflicts, the window disapeared. How can I bring the window back or print all the potential conflicts so I can review them?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

greglebaron wrote:How can I bring the window back or print all the potential conflicts so I can review them?

You can edit the event slightly (even just add a space at the end of the description) and save it. Then you'll see the conflict list again.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
greglebaron

Post by greglebaron »

I still end up woth the same problem -- it disappears before I can review all the potential conflicts. Can anything be done to capture the list? Or do I just need to make several changes t bring it up several times?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

greglebaron wrote:I still end up woth the same problem -- it disappears before I can review all the potential conflicts. Can anything be done to capture the list? Or do I just need to make several changes t bring it up several times?
I know that it's awkward to capture it. One possible technique is to make your browser window as tall as possible, and when the potential conflict list appears, do a screen capture right away (on Windows, Alt+PrtScn will copy the current application's screen to the clipboard), which you can then paste into Paint or some other graphics application.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
edparker

Post by edparker »

I have a couple of different locations as resources for the Stake, a Stake Center, and a Bowery. I have a private Calendat titled Other Resource Scheduling to put weddings, reunions and such and not have them appear on the Stake Calendar. However when I schedule a reunion in the Bowery, and there is a Stake Baptism in the Stake Center it warns me of a potential conflict even when they are in different locations. Any way to not have these false alarms?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

edparker wrote:However when I schedule a reunion in the Bowery, and there is a Stake Baptism in the Stake Center it warns me of a potential conflict even when they are in different locations. Any way to not have these false alarms?

While I understand you find it annoying, I think on a whole it's desirable. For example, you might be scheduling a RS event the same time as a "general membership" event. There may not be a conflict for resources, but there might be one for the target membership.

It's simply making you aware of what else is going on at the same time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”