Private Stake/Ward Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
brett_r_brown

Private Stake/Ward Calendars

Post by brett_r_brown »

I really appreciate the option to create a private calendar and send an automated email reminder to the viewers of the calendar. As the Stake Executive Secretary this saves me considerable time so that I don't have to call and remind people of their meetings.

It would be even more convenient if I could add viewers to these calendars by ward calling. Having a stake calling I am only allowed to add viewers by stake callings. But I am scheduling recurring interviews with ward leaders. I would much rather create these recurring interviews with ward leaders by calling rather than by individual.

For example, I am scheduling PPIs for the stake president with all of the bishops of the stake but I have to add them to this calendar as an individual rather than by their calling. The same goes for PPIs with Elders Quorum Presidents and High Priest Group Leaders. The only other option is to make the calendar public but then that would send an email reminder to the entire stake.

If this can be corrected it would be very useful.

Thank you,
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

You're not the only one who would like this; this feature has been requested on other threads:
What you're asking for is not so much a "correction" as a new feature; it would involve specifying not only a calling, but also a ward for these "by calling" assignments.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

brett_r_brown wrote:It would be even more convenient if I could add viewers to these calendars by ward calling. Having a stake calling I am only allowed to add viewers by stake callings.
This would be a HUGE improvement. I need to add the Ward Exec Secs to my stake HC speaking calendar (but can't by calling), I need to add Ward Mission Leaders to a stake baptismal calendar, (but can't by calling) etc, etc, etc. Have you submitted the suggestion via the feedback link on LDS.org?

(Yes, feedback link seems unresponsive and slow.....)

Return to “Calendar”