Available Locations is empty - even though all locations in the stake have been set

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kenm51

Available Locations is empty - even though all locations in the stake have been set

Post by kenm51 »

What have I forgotten to setup, that is preventing us from being offered locations when we create events?
I'm the Stake Tech clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If this is a location that your stake controls (if the location is shared by multiple stakes, you may not be the stake with control), under Settings > Location & Rooms, select a location and click "Edit" in the middle column. On the right side, you can now set up rooms, either picking from standard choices, or creating custom choices.

You can find the details in the help file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kenm51

Post by kenm51 »

I should have taken more time to describe my issue. After I setup all the locations for each unit, all we see when creating a new event is "other Location" and "no Location". It offers none of the places that we need to see for reserving the building.
When I click the "show all Locations" link on the left side of the week calendar the list is still completely empty. What have I neglected to enable?
RussellHltn wrote:If this is a location that your stake controls (if the location is shared by multiple stakes, you may not be the stake with control), under Settings > Location & Rooms, select a location and click "Edit" in the middle column. On the right side, you can now set up rooms, either picking from standard choices, or creating custom choices.

You can find the details in the help file.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If you're not seeing a location at all when you are scheduling events, then the problem is not that rooms have not been set up, but that the location is not enabled for scheduling. To fix that, a stake calendar administrator needs to edit the location and check the box for "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kenm51

Post by kenm51 »

I found my error. I hadn't checked this block for each unit.
[ ] "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes"

When I edited each unit and checked this box and saved the settings, all was right with the world again.
thank.

Return to “Calendar”