Scheduling Conflict safe guards not working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
edparker

Scheduling Conflict safe guards not working

Post by edparker »

I have callings as both a Stake Building Scheduler (for 3 Buildings) and my Ward's Website Administrator. I configured resource reservations for the wards in my building. I created calendars for my ward with myself and others as calendar editors. When I attempted to schedule an event in the ward calendar in conflict with an existing Stake reservation it let my do that without warning me of the conflict. Is this a bug, or is this how it is suppose to work?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

edparker wrote:I have callings as both a Stake Building Scheduler (for 3 Buildings) and my Ward's Website Administrator. I configured resource reservations for the wards in my building. I created calendars for my ward with myself and others as calendar editors. When I attempted to schedule an event in the ward calendar in conflict with an existing Stake reservation it let my do that without warning me of the conflict. Is this a bug, or is this how it is suppose to work?

This is how it is supposed to work -- but only because you are a Building Scheduler. One of the special permissions of a building scheduler is that he or she can create an event that overrides a reservation, even if he is not a calendar editor or administrator for the unit assigned for that reservation. Any other calendar administrator or editor in your ward who attempted to schedule a ward event on top of a Stake reservation would be told that there is a conflict and would not be allowed to save the event.

This has been discussed many times on this forum. See, for example, the threads:
I'd also recommend that you read the Calendar help system; in particular the About scheduling events and About reservations topics.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
edparker

Post by edparker »

I understand the logic of having someone that can override any scheduled event, but I would have expected to recieve some kind of warning that I was about to overide a scheduled event and ask for a confirmation. Like are you sure you want to override ths scheduled event?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Except you are not overriding an event , you are overriding a reservation .
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”