Unmapped / Unverified Locations following creation of a new Ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
caj36

Unmapped / Unverified Locations following creation of a new Ward

Post by caj36 »

We split 2 Wards into 3 this week. We subsequently moved all of the members into the proper Wards using the MLS boundary realign tool. As near as I can tell, the members now show up in the proper Wards (in LDS, on lds.org, etc).

The problem is that the members who were moved to a different Ward now show as an unmapped or unverified location on lds maps (the members who were not moved to a different Ward are still shown in the proper location).

Does anyone know why this would be? I know that I could have my clerks individually move each member to the proper location, but I'm hoping there is a better solution. Maybe we just need to wait for all of the servers to update? The members were moved on Wednesday (today is Friday).

Any help is appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

When a record is moved to a new ward, the address becomes unverified and will have to be verified again, even if it is the same address as before the record was moved. This is the case whether the record was moved because of a ward split, some other boundary realignment, or a physical move.

Also, when an address is changed within a ward (either because of an actual move to a new address or simply a slight correction of spelling or address standardization), a verified address will not become unverified; the map marker for that household has to be manually moved to the new physical location.

There are clearly cases where this simplistic algorithm is not optimal; you have certainly run into one of them. But the clerks will have to verify the addresses for all the new members of each ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
caj36

Post by caj36 »

Makes sense, I'll get my clerks on it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”